cookies

Saturday 7 July 2012

HOT HOT HOT

Hello everyone, and how's your hair today? Sorry I haven't posted in a while as I had prom and I came home quite late, and I've been exhausted. What hairstyle I did? This one ;) The night was great and is lovely to see all my girls dressed up and looking pretty. We danced for ages and had the best night ever and of course the heels came off, (I'm a lightweight) but I wanted to enjoy the last time I might see all my friends together :)

I have great news! I have found some ARGAN OIL!!!!! I am buying a bottle from Superdrug today, and I shall keep you posted on the results. If you haven't heard of argan oil, read this post and it will tell you all about it. I also ordered some clothes and books off Amazon for sixth form, and I even got a new phone case to match my headphones :) Now, today's topic is on HOT TOOLS ;) - anything that needs plugging in and heats up - you name it!

Straighteners
I believe that straighteners are God's gift to the female race. Without straighteners, many of would be a frizzy mess. Now don't get me wrong, many people would kill for natural curls, but sometimes you need a break from being a mop, and have beautiful, sleek, pin-straight hair. There are many types of straighteners - ones for fringes/bangs, ceramic, wet to dry - but which ones work best for you? Ceramic straighteners are generally better to buy especially if your hair is thick. The thin, fashionable straighteners are cool and sleek looking, but larger ceramic ones are quicker to use as they cover a wider range of hair, and so you don't burn your hair so much. Titanium plates are also very good because they are heat up quickly and you tend to find that hair salon's use them.

REMEMBER - NEVER STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAIR EVERYDAY. 


That is like hair suicide. Seriously.


Crimping
You can get large or skinny ones, crimping is great for people who have thin hair, and want to add a little volume. Crimping also adds texture to your hair, and makes pretty patterns, but like straightening, you shouldn't do it everyday. To add volume to your luscious locks, crimping at the roots of your hair makes your style so much bigger, and you don't have to back comb, so your hair doesn't get knotty. Also, crimping straight hair in random places, gives a boho kind of look, and just looks different and unique.

Hair dryers
What we do without these babes? Hair dryers are a quick solution to a temporary problem. Also, blow drying your hair allows you to add any oils and such (like argan oil) and makes it soft. There are two different types of dryers - ones with the comb and ones with no comb. I find using dryers that have the comb attachment easier to use because you don't have to comb at the same time while drying. Also, you tend not to miss any areas when blow drying, and although natural drying is... natural, we are sometimes in a hurry, and natural drying in winter is not good for your health (you loose body heat) and can also damage and break your hair.

Tongs
Hair tongs are very useful, in that they curl you hair to perfection. You can have the curling wand, which is harder to use because you have to hold the end of your hair and could burn yourself (which I have done many a time). The actual tongs, are the ones with the little flap, which holds the hair down for you, and they are also generally better than curling with straighteners because they aren't as hot.

If you have any suggestions, comments or requests for posts, just comment or contact me! Everyone needs help sometimes ;) and my blog is to help other people with their hair - so just ask if you want me to research something.

MOSAS!
(make others stop and stare)
p.s - I'm going to Jamaica in 4 weeks and a day! Don't worry, I can still post from there :)

1 comment: